Monday, August 2, 2010

Sugar/Creamer set

These hand-built sugar and creamers were fun, but very time consuming.
I'm going back to throwing the sugar and creamers. The trays can still be hand built. And I may make a few more scoops...but again, it was a time sink.
I made a yellow and a red tray, one somewhat larger than the other.

The red one was so large I made a special reinforcement for its bottom, which ended up being a pretty neat design.


The scoop had to have an inscription, "sweet" for whichever kind of sweetner is used.








I like leaving the scoop in the sugar bowl, though I stopped doing it when there were critters with 6 legs around to get in it. Now I'm critter free and like the idea of having the top of the sugar bowl notched for the little scoop.

The two trays, which brings up a choice. Do I sell these separate or with the set? I'm thinking separate.






No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!