
This is a low bush, just bursting with bee-attracting blossoms.

A white piece, which is incised and cut so that it can become a lantern with a votive candle inside, she is wearing a crown, so must be a queen. Here she was waiting to be fired.
Waiting to be bisque fired, a stoneware sculpture sits on the bottom shelf in the kiln room.
This triple tree goddess represents myself and my two friends who've known each other for about 35 years. Oooh, that seems so long, and makes me feel slightly old. Hey, I'm a crone and proud of it!
She's been bisqued and is waiting on the glaze shelf. She has stain and 2 glazes on her, so I'm not doing any more glazing till I see how she comes out. Maybe next week...
I'm a community member of the Black Mountain Center for the Arts' clay studio. Which means I'm entitled to 1/4 of a kiln fired a week...based on available space. So for 3 weeks I've waited. It's a good thing, to slow me down a bit. I've had 4 other tree-goddesses bisque fired, but am not going to choose glaze or stain until I see how this one comes out. I've got 2 more creations that are dry or drying. I do hope that the glazed one is chosen first.
This tree-goddess inspiration has taken me on new paths...I never know whether she will have a face, or just the suggestion of one. It's meant being diligent to the needs of the clay, being at the studio almost daily for the month of March. I took 3 months off and hibernated from December through the winter...and am so grateful to have springtime returning.
Now I've re-retired from working part time, and am excited about gardening and creating.
The class I'm in every week "Rise Up and Call Her Name" has been giving me more inspirations about goddesses.
Contact me at goddessinclay@yahoo.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!