
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my mixture of glazes will be ok when she's fired, to cone 06, or low firing. The glaze is commercial glazes, mixed on a pallet actually. You never know how much black and white glazes will actually change the tones.
The dried glazes look pretty cool though, giving the grey matt coloration. I hope to develop a good grey that's not high gloss.
The clay is either porcelain (P-5) or low fire earthenware. Since I'm not sure, we're staying with low firing of the glaze.
This is Tree Goddess One, the first one I made of various symbols of the goddess on a tree.
Her face isn't particularly "pretty" as I feel that goddesses are just like people, and don't look like someone from Holywood. I'm really not interested in duplicating what Disney has done.
Her heart is on her back side, or maybe she's just twisted in the wind.
Roots and branches, holes and rough textures, all point to the inspiration of nature.
Wood has it's own patina, and shapes when growing. I tried to replicate this process, though I was using clay and glazes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!