Sunday, November 8, 2009

nothing new under the sun

But I'm considering some old pots differently.
Now I've been asked to submit a picture that represents my work for the Gallery show next month. And some of these are kind of old, so probably won't be considered...but they may be better than the newer ones.

This is a newer one, porcelain with torn pieces applied at the top of a thrown pot. Glazes are both Mayco Stroke N Coat and the studio "Matt Bronze Green with Nutmeg and clear as well for the green area...sponged on.
I like this pretty big caldron, but it's all Mayco glazes, so isn't representative of the fun things I'm doing with glazes. But it's still in the running, even though the base is cracked.

This is at the top of the raku glazed pots I just finished in a class.


And this is also...
beginning to see my problem? Not many are in the same style!






A raku fired earthenware mask.





Raku small figure






Older moon dancer, wich was from last year actually!








The second moon dancer, and there aren't any more yet. I'm working on a larger porcelain one now, with a more natural woman's figure.






Speaking of porcelain...










There are several of these lantern shaped figures, this one is Bridgett.











And the largest porcelain of this series, so far. There are a couple of pitchers yet to be fired.









No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!