
My dear Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Swannanoa Valley is trying to raise funds for operating expenses. They are going to hold an auction, so I've donated 10 pots. They will bring at least $100 if they all sell (not likely, but let's think positive)...at the minimum bids.

There are too many people in the congregation who are also potters, so that' why I figure lots won't be selling, no matter that the minimum bid is $5 for some of them.

These next 2 pots are my latest porcelain ones, and aren't donations at all. This one is the cobalt blue which I developed for Solstice gifts last winter. Finally found a way that it looks good. The slightly tan overtones are from the light sponge-ing of nutmeg glaze over the clear.

I was amazed that it shrunk about 20% from original size, but it's still my largest pot, I think, 15-1/2" tall, 10-1/2" across.

This is Teresa's wedding bowl.

Tonight is the wedding, so I have to go wrap it up now. Just wanted to have some pictures to remember how it looked, in case I want to make anything similar any time. It's porcelain also, 11-1/2" across, 6-1/2" tall.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!