Monday, August 31, 2009

New August Pots

I'm including this pot, because it's a comparison from this stoneware (cone 6) to...
Some of the new P-5 (porcelain at cone 6) clay with some very troublesome glazing. It took 3 tries to get what I wanted, and I'm pretty happy with these results.














This glaze is my favorite, clear then with nutmeg over it. I had to sponge on the nutmeg because it was so thick it cracked off if I tried pouring or dipping the glazes on the pot.





The details on all my pots (colors) are done with Mayco Stroke and Coat, which go to cone 6 pretty well. The bottom white/green on the butterfly pot is from dunking it into HR Satin.





Here the clear with nutmeg left some interesting streaking, and I put wax over the detail work before dunking this small pot in nutmeg.
















This tiny little jade gem just barely didn't stick to the shelf with the runny Matt Bronze Green over clear glaze. Too thick! But so pretty with those details.





















The Mayco yellow didn't survive very well in this delicate detail.










This is another large pot, combining torn slab work with a thrown base.



























































A medium size chalice shape, with some fun variations.




















































This small pot and the previous one are both low fire earthenware (cone 04) with Mayco glazes.







































This is one of my display shelves...






















which give slightly paler colors, as well as a good comparison of the sizes!























All in all, I'm pleased with these pots. Still working!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!