Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gaia remembered





This is a reminder to myself...remember who your goddess is!


Gaia, Mother Earth, or any other forms or names...she is still the SOURCE, the energy of LIFE, Love, Happiness, the juicy stuff that runs the universe.

Of course if you're not into a goddess, just put up with me.


This morning I got back in touch with her, by a Tarot ritual, by going on a short walk, throwing a rock with all my un-needed sticky attributes that I'd been holding onto into the creek...and by not going to church.


Oh my. But for me to do all this ritual in solitude was really what I needed to reconnect to the creative force, the sensuous nature of the goddess. That just wouldn't have happened in the pews, listening to others, doing a ritual that didn't have much spirituality in it. Maybe it was aimed to have some, but it didn't speak to me that way. This other stuff did. I need to nurture it for myself. It's really important to me.


I don't think I've posted this little vase before. The bottom portion is a combination of Matt Bronze Green over clear...perhaps with some nutmeg in there too. It's porcelain, cone 6.


The base of the vase (sorry about that) is thrown, with torn slab and some hand work for the leaves. Mayco colors on the leaves, under studio clear. I'm concerned because it continues to crackle on this clay. That is ok on vases, but not cool for anything functional, since crazing leads to places bacteria can grow.
This is a totally torn slab assemblage (about 10-1/2" at tallest point). Mayco under clear under a little nutmeg. The nutmeg is barely there, probably cause it was a new batch, and I was just sponging it on.
The base was reinforced right at the bottom edge, and the rest of the pot is very thin.
A variation of a pentacle makes this into a rainbow cauldron for me.
Next will be some sangria pitchers and some smaller bowls. Not everything has to be huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!