WARM! I can't emphasize that enough, as the weather has been really cold lately here. Of course Black Mountain is a bit colder than Asheville, but I was so glad the store was warm, especially since I sat right near the front door.
The empty chair was filled with my son, Tai most of the afternoon. He brought lunch from next door (EarthFare groceries) and was helpful with imprinting words on the back of the 6 pendants I made that afternoon. They are all words that go with the carved and painted animals or flowers.I got into making cat pendants when Christine, the manager, showed me a picture of Chico, her tuxedo cat.
her pal Keptain, and this is the closest I've seen them in an age. We're all piled up on our new futon, which is providing Tai with a bed while he's visiting.
Did I have a good time yesterday? Sure did!! Abby came by an was one of my customers. I made enough in sales to satisfy my having packed everything up both ways...and I enjoyed sitting there making art. That's what makes my life fun and interesting these days.
Compassionate action starts with seeing yourself when you start to
make yourself right and when you start to make yourself wrong.
At that point you could just
contemplate the fact that there is a larger alternative to either of those, a more tender,
shaky kind of place where you could live. ~Pema Chodron
