Wednesday, November 26, 2008

a couple of pictures

Tonight at twilight I had to take a couple of pictures of some pots that I've had sitting around for a while. I just have put off getting it all together to do it. This is a cute little shallow bowl.

I got a kick out of having the little pointed corners I added to it.

This white bowl is deeper, and quite thin. It is also not quite perfectly round.


I enjoy using the streaks of black copper oxide, which turns into nice green shades under the white glaze.
There is also a platter with a raised rim in the same color scheme. These were gifts to my friend for the holidays.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am sad that I won't be with most of my family, except my youngest son. I'm terrifically grateful that he's part of my life. He's doing pottery at the Clay Studio also now, having completed his work at Penland.
We're all at the studio getting ready to have a big show on Dec. 5, and a short (2 hour) sale. I'm thinking of not having as many pots as I originally was going to bring.
Hoping you have a wonderful holiday.
Barb