
These are the ceramic versions of Jinni's kitties. One is a Maine Coon cat, named Fisher. The other is a lovely tuxedo (perahps also Coon) named Bart.
These were Jinni's birthday present this year. She sent me photos of her darlings. I tried to replicate them, but of course I took some artistic license. So did glaze and clay.
There is actually a black and white tray that they are supposed to sit upon...like good little figurines. It is coming out of the kiln today...hopefully. With clay you have to always put that wish in there.

I enjoyed seeing the reactions of all the folks in the studio when I made these cats. I may have to try dogs...but there are so many different breeds. And if the cat were not a nice black and white, say a striped orange or grey...it would have been much harder to glaze. I guess the stripes might not have made it. And I did mix a grey glaze once, but they are hard to do. Not to mention considering my cat who's tricolor. Oh my, I don't think I'll go there!
But I'm also going to have a big Bast cat goddess pretty soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!