Friday, June 26, 2009

walking and enjoying NC

One of my "venus pots" with dahlias, roses and Mimulus. Roses keep getting some white moldy stuff on them. Drat. I hate to spray poisonous stuff.

Love those Mimulus flowers! What a lovely plant.


We are resting at the crest of the trail, about to go down to the Broad River, a couple of weeks ago.




Here's the lovely little river, the quest of our panting and sweating. I was told this view used to have little stone sculptures piled up around here, but that they have washed away from all the rains this spring. Guess that's a fair exchange.

This little dome is called The Light Center.



Here are Arline and Robert. You can guess which one is which.





I had to pose next to Mildred, who lives close to Robert. Guess they must be pretty good friends by now! Arline says there's an energy field between them, but I wasn't able to be quiet enough to feel it. Maybe next time.






We had lunch at this nice new restaurant that's on Hwy. 9.






Arline liked hearing the rooster crowing, from his pen up the hill. Can you see him? Maybe it's a chicken.








And as we left, the cows started coming home. This was mid afternoon, so they must be heading for some shady place to nap.









Nice horses were pastured beside the road and the restaurant.











No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!