I happened to be looking at National Geographic photos, and somehow got some NASA photos of the moon...which we all have to admit has something to do with not only tides, but Womyn's cycles.
Our last full moon was at perigie...the largest full moon because it was so close to earth.
Then I started reading about how the various names the Native Americans gave to different full moons were no longer relevant. They belonged to myth, not to our scientific era.I felt like the "button-down" mentality (including pocket protectors) was still saying that being close to nature meant you just didn't count, you weren't of value, like NASA is.
Was.
I quickly removed my bookmark from that site. I don't get a thing out of looking at pictures that have that kind of background.
There must be scientists who also believe in the ideas I do...that nature, the earth and Gaia, that the moon and Luna, that womyn who are in tune with their menstrual cycles, that intuition, feeling, creativity, mythology, and the honor of Native traditions...are the most valuable insights to have about our world and universe.
If there aren't, then they are really sad.
There must be scientists who also believe in the ideas I do...that nature, the earth and Gaia, that the moon and Luna, that womyn who are in tune with their menstrual cycles, that intuition, feeling, creativity, mythology, and the honor of Native traditions...are the most valuable insights to have about our world and universe.
If there aren't, then they are really sad.

I've always loved hearing what Scientific American had to say...because they print things that are just hypotheses, and they change them as science sees that their ideas have to change. I remember (yep, this dates me) that the world didn't have plate techtonics (the theory that our continents actually drift across the face of the globe) when I was studying Geography in college...but shortly after that it became the accepted idea. It had been proposed many years before, but it wasn't until the 60's that it became proveable, or at least "in favor" again.
Since then Gaia has become fashionable with all the Green environmental needs. Thanks to our political acceptance (perhaps too late) of the "Inconvenient Truth," our scientists as well as those who love nature, may end up holding hands eventually.
I'm personally excited about dark matter. I'm excited about CERN.
This doesn't stop me from loving the traditions and myths that honor the goddess. For me, they are just different glasses to wear, like bifocals kind of. I have to remember some scientists worship at the altar of evolution. They sometimes are kind of like Oroborus's, eating their own tails, because they tend to use their own theories to explain the next theories...a shakey proposition.
It strikes me when I am being very Zen, and paying attention to the world around me with "awareness" that this philosophical view lets me see the natural world, but it's an entirely different examination of the things I see from the scientist next to me, looking at the same things with the glasses of details, cause & effect, genetics, engineering, biology etc.
I guess I'm feeling the saddness that philosophy doesn't meet science easily. It sure does give me some stomach aches. But I remember in "What the Bleep Do We Know?" that the observer is influencing what is being observed, or created. I'm probably just observing the observer myself. My hall of mirrors reflecting infinity. My inner mystic is very comfortable with my inner questor...I'm a mystical experimenter.

No comments:
Post a Comment
No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!