The day before our gallery opening and sale, Abby is busy glazing a piece in the studio.
As the crowds start to arrive, A.J. is putting final touches on one of his pieces.
This is the one piece of mine, Gaia, which was put in the gallery exhibit. I was really disappointed to not get my other piece put in the show. The lovely pierced pot on the lower pedestal was by Geof.
I believe all of these pieces were by Lane.

These are also Lane's.
This wall plaque is by Abby.
Some of the student's works. I know the group piece on the right is by Abby, and the large pod vases are by Maureen. I don't remember who made the other pieces in this group.
These polyhedrons are by my son, Tai Rogers.
Annie did the work in the back, and I think the lower shelves have Karen's work. Some of my pictures weren't in focus, so there are some pots which you'll just have to go see in person in the gallery. The exhibit in the gallery will be up for the rest of December during the hours the Center for the Arts is open.
Tai is waiting to wrap some pottery, which was his job during part of the sale.
Some of our friendly Unitarian Universalist men (Emory, Robert and David) gather to talk ab0ut pottery (of course).
David and Jane enjoyed the great refreshments, as well as the pottery.
Jane and Angie discuss pottery and perhaps a little UU business.
Beate was a member of the sales force (as I was) who made sure folks knew who the potters were, and then urged people to go see the studio after they shopped.
Ursula (another UU artist) stood by her newest work, which also was in the gallery area.
Some of the student's work on sale.
Marcia was in charge of refreshments. Thanks a lot...they were great!
We were seranaded by Emily who played classical music with vigor...what a talent! Thanks Emily!
A table with my work on the far left, and pieces by Elise, Ursula and Maureen, and I think a few other people's as well.
My sales area.
Karen's work on one end of a long table, my area in the middle, and Marcia's on the far end.
Ursula and Sue are exclaming over something...probably the beauty of the works and how reasonable the prices were!I was amazed and astounded to see at least 75, maybe 100 people come through in the 2 hours that our sale was open. And though it was crowded, it was just a right traffic pattern that the floor plan allowed, so people kept moving through. Good job to those volunteers who did the work!
Thanks, Barbara for all of your great pics and coverage of Holly Jolly. Ss you at the studio, Elise
ReplyDelete