Friday, October 1, 2010

Mugs and

Ah, I finally finished my first set of mugs that I've sold...wholesale that is. It's a lot of work to just do a dozen alike. How can all those other potters do hundreds? I sure do admire them.

My work to boredom ratio was reached and by-passed quickly. Had to really push myself. I'm not very disciplined, apparently. Nothing new to me. Starting things is always what I like to do, finishing, not so much.

These are the tumblers I made with 7 different glazes...and that's how the people chosing a glaze for the coffee mugs decided which glaze to use. I sold all but one of these tumblers last week, guess the price was really a bit low, as several folks said (including the one who bought them of course...and I was happy to have her get them). I can make more. They are nice to drink out of, and I found I like them somewhat narrow so they fit in my hand easily...if they get too big, they are harder to drink out of. They are heavier than a glass of course.



These small platters are simple, good for serving various treats...just pretty and set off food easily...and I sold them all last weekend.



I've still got a few of these serving bowls...nice for nuts, or cereal. I've enjoyed making the torn-slab things.







No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments will be accepted, sorry. But otherwise, I look forward to letting everyone what you think!